Thursday, October 15, 2015

Book Review # 4 James Patterson & Maxine Paetro - "Confessions of a Murder Suspect"

Let me say first hand that this is the first book by James Patterson that I have read. I've heard his books are very good and now for myself, I can say that he has a way of writing that doesn't bore you to death. Honestly, I had my doubts about this book from the start. I thought I was going to put this book down but It was the total opposite in fact. I enjoyed reading this book and I read every single day and I was able to complete it fairly quickly.

I think I'll start giving each book a rating from 1 to 5, one being very bad and five being amazing. Of course there will be books with in between ratings. So this book would be a 3.5. It was a good book to read and I will read the other books that follow this series. But it isn't that good where I would sit down and read it again. I am a person who can't sit down and read a book or even watch a movie twice. It would have to be really amazing in order for me to actually want to read it a second time. Sadly this book wasn't going to change my mind about re-reading it in the future.

I would still recommend it to people to read. It was written for a teenager and it would be perfect for teens getting into reading more. I think that was a bit of a problem for me, I thought it was a little bit too easy of a read for me, I do enjoy myself a good challenge when it comes to reading. It started with the conflict on the first page. That was something I liked actually, it did not bore me on bit. Since it was an easy read I was able to get through the book pretty quickly. Keep in mind the chapters only lasted a few pages. Regardless of how long the chapters were or how many pages were there in total, it was a interesting book that was able to keep my attention for the past few days. P.S The book is written in perspective of the daughter Tandy Angel.

So imagine waking up to find your parents dead. There was no evidence of someone breaking and entering, what would you think? What would you feel? This is what the children of Malcolm and Maud Angel had to face, a very harsh awakening. Since there was no evidence of breaking and entering, imagine how you would feel to think one of your siblings were capable of murdering their parents? Since the book was written in Tandy's point of view, it was written like it was her diary, or her story. She writes like someone is there, which is pretty cool.

So overall finding out who was behind the death of the Angel parents were pretty weird. I wouldn't have expected it to end the way it did. Just say there was a happy ending in a sick kind of way. Until next book review!





No comments:

Post a Comment