Thursday, October 15, 2015

Book Review # 3 - Delilah S. Dawson - "Servants of the Storm"

Book Review - Delilah S. Dawson - "Servants of the Storm" 

First look at this book made me want to read it. I'm a person who loves dark art, gothic art, or anything along those lines. So when I first came across this book, it simply grabbed my attention. After attempting to read Identity Theft by Anna Davis, I bec
ame very skeptic of it and didn't know whether or not to actually read this. But I'm glad I did. Back to the cover page, I think this is the main reason I even picked up this book in the first place. 

When I first began reading this book, I didn't know what to expect, so I just went for it. I was sitting on the train heading to work, I started to read and I got lost inside. I did not want to stop reading this book. It was pretty hard to stop, I wanted to continue. After work on my train rides back home, I make sure I take my book out and read. I even kept a highlighter handy for quotes that I found perfect for a new instagram photo. There are many pages highlighted and folded up because the book is really good.

If I had to rate it from a 1 to 5, with 1 being really bad and five being the best book ever, it would have to be a solid 4. Even though it is a young adult book, I really did enjoy reading it. I would recommend it to friends, family, and anyone who wants to find a good book to read. 

I think I found it very interesting because I could kind of relate to the main character, Dovey. She got made fun of because she kind of lost her mind when she lost her best friend in a storm. She became known as crazy, in which she was put on medication and that made her memory hazy. I personally would be like that if I lost someone very close to me. But the whole demon thing kind of threw me off. I'm very harsh about books dealing with unrealistic things like demons and humans having babies and creating a baby to use. I'm a person who rather read about true crimes, horror, or mystery over romantic or science fiction. But regardless of that I was able to complete the book and say that I did in fact enjoy this book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment