Saturday, December 12, 2015

Book Review # 5 - E. L James - "Grey"

For those of you who don't know about this book, it is the fourth book in the Fifty Shades Of Grey series. This was written in Christian Grey's point of view of fifty shades. I was pretty excited when I saw this in Barnes and Noble. I immediately wanted to sit down and read it. The cover aline grabbed my attention. It was up close shot of a man's eyes.
I don't know if I'm the only one who loves the look and feel of new books but I wanted to buy it and just keep it for my collection. Grey was a thick soft covered book that made me so happy to hold.
While I was reading the book I received many negative comments toward the books which didn't bother me much. It was pretty annoying but I didn't let it bother me. Some comments included how crappy the writing was and how I'm reading a smut book. Personally I got over the fact that it wasn't written to perfection. I personally enjoyed reading all the books. I thought the story line and plot was interesting and it kept me reading it.

I have received many negative comments/feedbacks about the Fifty Shades Of Grey book series. Yes, it could have been written better grammatically but regardless I really enjoyed reading this book. I couldn't put it down, I read it whenever I could.
I'm not usually a person to read much of romance and actually enjoying it. The Fifty Shades Of Grey series was more than romance it was erotic, which made things easier to read to and relate to (not what you guys think). The emotions running not only in Grey but all the books made me feel what Anastasia was feeling.
This book made everything clearer and made everything make sense. In the three other books it was in Ana's view point so we didn't get the reasoning behind Grey's actions or choices. But with this book in his perspectives we were able to understand his reasoning for a lot of things. I loved reading the first couple of pages because it showed his attraction to Ana right away. Even though he wanted her as a submissive, the feeling of being protective and wanting to be with her made me melt.
The series reminds me of another erotic series similar to Fifty Shades. The Crossfire series is by Sylvia Day and It's about a girl who lands a job in a multi million dollar company working and earning her living. She one day bumps into the owner of the company and is the richest man alive. From the first time they laid eyes on each other they became addicted and drawn to each other. These books are erotic but it's more romance than anything.
Personally I'd chose the crossfire series over the Fifty Shades Of Grey series. I just feel like the crossfire series was written better and has more realistic events. But if basing off everything else I like Fifty Shades Of Grey better for the erotic scenes.
Now for the rating, I would give Grey a 3.6 out 5 rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment