Monday, October 5, 2015

Book Review # 1 & # 2 - R. L. Stine - "Don't Stay Up Late" & Anna Davis - "Identity Theft"



Book Review # 1 - R. L. Stine - "Don't Stay Up Late"




Hands down this is my favorite author no matter how old I get. I am a big horror/mystery fan so growing up his books were able to keep my attention and keep me at the edge of my seat. I was pretty excited about seeing his newer work on the library shelf. I had to pick it up and it was the first book I had to read. The book was brand new and if you read my previous post, you'll know how much I love new books. It was a hard cover and I enjoyed everything about it; from the look to what was written within the pages.
It was a very easy read and even though it isn't my favorite type of story, I still enjoyed it. I can't wait for more of this work to be published in the coming years. Even though he is my favorite author there were some things that were good and there were things that were bad.
        Pros              

1)  It's always written in the most direct and properly unlike other books I've read.
2) It plays with your mind a little.
3) Its easy to read and each to get through






      Cons

1) Its very predictable
2) It's not my kind of story that I'll read on the regular




The story/plot behind this is a girl, Lisa, 16 years old gets into a car accident with her mom, dad, and her dog Morty, and she loses her dad in the car accident. After getting to the hospital she suffers a concussion, which causes her hallucinations and nightmares. She starts to see a creature/ demon when she went to sleep one night. Then her therapist suggests for her to get a after school job to keep her mind off of things. So she starts to babysit this eight year old, Harry. He has to be asleep by 8 and no later, apparently cause of his condition. While she babysits, she sees the creature and her friends end up dying. She gets questioned and she comes clean about the creature, in which no one believes her.
blah blah blah blah, you know how this story ends, but regardless I am still a child at heart and I will always have a special place in my heart for his books.








Book Review # 2 - Anna Davis - "Identity Theft"


I literally couldn't get into this book. I've tried to but It wasn't able to grab me in. So I stopped at chapter 3 and returned the book. I wanted to read it but wasn't able to finish it. I'm not saying it was bad but it wasn't for me. I don't have much to say about this book, it had an alright preview and plot but like I said before- the book wasn't for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment