Friday, March 10, 2017

The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins Book Review

The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins 

Genre – Thriller, Mystery 
Publishing Date – January 13, 2015
Page count – 325 pages
Source – Owned Copy
Format – Hardcover
Standalone/Series – Standalone
Rating - ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


       Hello and welcome to my blog of wonders. Here you can find book reviews of books of all origin and genres. I will always be honest when it comes to reviewing any book. I try and keep my blog up to date and filled with truthful and fun reviews. So let's get started shall we?

      I know I'm pretty late both with reading this book and writing the review. I saw this on my Instagram but didn't pay much attention to it. I didn't even know what the book was about. It was until I saw a trailer for the book adaptation that sparked my interest. For anyone who knows me, they know that I don't like spoilers and if there is a movie I want to see and I know it is based off a book then I will read the book first and then watch the movie.

      The best part of reading this book was that I wasn't reading it alone. My friend and I both read it together and discussed it with one another. It was my first time ever reading a book with a friend or buddy reading. So it is pretty fun to read along with a friend and then be able to discuss it with them. I had a few "OMG" and "I can't stand you" moments. 

      If you're reading this review you probably already know what this book is about but what the hell I'll still include the Goodreads synopsis for those who don't know anything about the book or movie. 

"The debut psychological thriller that will forever change the way you look at other people's lives.

EVERY DAY THE SAME
Rachel takes the same community train every morning and night. Every day she rattles down the track, flashes past a stretch of cozy suburban homes, and stops at the signal that allows her to daily watch the same couple breakfasting on their deck. She’s even started to feel like she knows them. Jess and Jason, she calls them. Their life—as she sees it—is perfect. Not unlike the life she recently lost.

UNTIL TODAY
And then she sees something shocking. It’s only a minute until the train moves on, but it’s enough. Now everything’s changed. Unable to keep it to herself, Rachel goes to the police. But is she really as unreliable as they say? Soon she is deeply entangled not only in the investigation but in the lives of everyone involved. Has she done more harm than good? 

      I know it doesn't sound that amazing (in my opinion) BUT it is definitely worth the read. I actually really enjoyed the change point of use between Rachel, Anna, Tom, "Jess" & "Jason". There were many moments where I would be left in shock and my jaw dropped open. This book definitely had a fair share of twists and turns. The character and plot developments were very well thought out in my opinion. 

      This book will definitely be on my 2017 favorites list. I have a recommend this book to anyone and everyone. It did start off slow but I promise you it does get better. Now it's time to actually watch the movie.
 Please follow me on Instagram @BooksandreviewGalore
Twitter @@BooksandReview 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Sashaa. I like your review. I was wondering if you ever took review request? I think that since you enjoyed The Girl on the Train, you could enjoy my upcoming psychological thriller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could email me booksandreviewgalore@gmail.com

      Delete