Thursday, March 30, 2017

Iniquitous - Craig R. Key

Genre – Horror      
Publishing Date – January 5, 2017
Page count – 128 pages
Source – Sent by author
Format – Paperback
Standalone/Series – Standalone
Rating -⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

       Hello and welcome to my blog of wonders. Here you can find book reviews of books of all origin and genres. I will always be honest when it comes to reviewing any book. I try and keep my blog up to date and filled with truthful and fun reviews. So let's get started shall we?
     This book was sent to me by the author himself, Craig R. Key. He gave a basic plot summary about his book and with the very brief synopsis I received, I was intrigued. With the little I was given, I did some research and considered what I was getting myself into. It had nine ratings and two reviews, which isn’t the best but who am I to judge a book on the few ratings?  But the two reviews were good ones so that’s a plus.
     Iniquitous is about an alcoholic Private Investigator who was hired to aid the police in a Missing Persons case by the parents of a terminally ill little girl, Abby Deirdre, who disappeared from the hospital a month earlier. Unsure if the child is still alive, the PI finds himself in a race against time to find her before her condition worsens or at least find the people who took her. With every new discovery, it seems that Abby's disappearance may be linked to something worse. 
Something sinister. Something evil. Something iniquitous”
     I waited a week to finally get my hands on my own copy of Iniquitous. It came in on my birthday which was a major plus. It was not what I was expecting to be completely honest. When I opened the package, it was a large but thin book. That kind of threw me off a bit, I don’t know what I was expecting to be honest.
     At first I was skeptical about whether this book would be just another let down or it would be worth the time. Thankfully it was worth the read. It wasn’t a five-star read but it was able to keep my attention and it did have one hair raising moment and made me eyes water for some reason. The story doesn’t drag on and on and it gets to the point within only 128 pages.
     The only thing I really disliked about this read was I felt like each character could have been built up more. I couldn’t connect to any of the characters. There were one or two parts where I was lost and didn’t know where I was or what was happening. With that, I didn’t like the ending. I was lost but at the same time I was mind blown.
     This would definitely be recommended to people who either want a quick read or like horrorish genre. I want to thank Craig R. Key for sending me your work and taking your time to send me an email.  
    


No comments:

Post a Comment