Thursday, April 6, 2017

White Trash Beautiful (White Trash, #1) - Teresa Mummert

Genre – New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publishing Date – July 9, 2013
Page count – 228 pages
Source – Owned Copy
Format – Paperback
Standalone/Series – Series
Rating - ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️/⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

       Hello and welcome to my blog of wonders. Here you can find book reviews of books of all origin and genres. I will always be honest when it comes to reviewing any book. I try and keep my blog up to date and filled with truthful and fun reviews. So let's get started shall we?
Picture taken on my instagram
@BooksandReviewGalore
            I saw this book when I first started bookstagram and didn’t think much of it to be honest. At that point of time I didn’t have the urge to buy every book I saw. But as I became more involved in bookstagram, I started to accumulate more books. So when I was in Barnes & Noble one day I saw book one and two on the bargain table, I just knew I had to get it. Sadly it took me a very long time to pick it up and read. I just didn’t have the urge to read it right away. I had a lot of books that needed to get read first.
            But the past month or so I wanted a quick read and I picked White Trash Beautiful and dived right into it.  It was actually at night that I couldn’t sleep and surprisingly I didn’t want to stop reading.  I got the typical New Adult romance feel from it but thankfully I haven’t read any YA lately. Not saying anything bad about New Adult or this book but its very predictable.
            For those who haven’t heard about this trilogy here is the Goodreads synopsis.
 “I’m not naive. I know I don’t get the happily ever after. My knight in shining armor took the highway detour around this god forsaken shit hole. I’ve made peace with that. That doesn’t mean I’m going to lay down like a doormat and let every cocky prick in the trailer park have his way with me.”
Cass lives a depressing life in a small trailer park in Eddington, Georgia, with her mother and abusive boyfriend Jackson. She works hard to barely make ends meet. But everything changes when Tucker White, the lead singer in the band Damaged, walks into her diner. He tries to show her that there is more to life than the hand she has been dealt, but Cass soon learns that being with Tucker will come at a high price. 

            Overall I did enjoy the read and the characters were well developed. It does deal with physical and emotional, and drug abuse so that may be trigger to some. But personally, I think that’s what makes this book a four-star read for me. I did become almost attached to Cass and I felt her pain of feeling lost and being emotional abused. So, with that in common, her character stood out to me. This is a recommended read for me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           


2 comments:

  1. Hello Ma'am,
    If any time in the future you are free, I would be honored if you reviewed Partially Broken Never Destroyed. It's a four book suspensful series about romance, betrayal, sex, lies, and everything in between. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to send me an email booksandreviewgalore@gmail.com

      Delete