Saturday, July 30, 2016

Book Review - Among Thieves - John Clarkson

Hello my bookish friends! I am really excited about writing this review for several reasons; 1) This lovely book was sent to me by the author himself. 2) This was the first or second book I actually received from an author. (I know it's late by the time I post this) 3) This book review is long overdue. Life has been kicking me in the butt lately, so once again I'm sorry for the delay.
The book that I will finally be reviewing is "Among Thieves" by John Clarkson. I created a twitter account dedicated to blogging and book related things. So I happened to stumble upon John Clarksons' page (@jclarksonauthor) and I tweeted him and several tweets and DM's he sent his book my way.
I was so excited to get my hands on this book. All he wanted was an honest book review in return. This was the first book I would get in the mail and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. When it finally came I was jumping with joy. It was so beautiful. I loved the cover and how it felt. This made me super anxious and happy to finally read.
Even though I was super excited for the book, I didn't read it right away sadly because I had a huge tbr shelf I had to attend to. But when I finally got around to reading it I was A D D I C T E D. I read it everywhere I could, from the train to and back from work. It was a fairly large book to carry around but I made sure I had it with me where ever I went.
The story is about an James Beck, an ex con whose friend turned to him for help. He learns that the men she is running from are very dangerous and he will need the help of his gang in order to win the war. It's an action pact book and every page will have you on the edge of your seat.
I loved the way it was written and I felt like it flowed freely. Normally I don't like reading books that have slang in them but I actually enjoyed reading this book. It was a fairly fast reading to get through.
My favorite character is James Beck, the main character of course. The way he was described and the things he has done to help his friends. For some odd reason when I was reading I pictured Jason Statham as Beck. I think that's why I loved James so much.
I could go on and on about this book but I know I have to cut it short. Let's get on to the rating; on Goodreads I gave this beauty a solid 5 out 5 stars. I believe this book deserved it and I highly recommend this book to everyone. It was one of the best written action books out there. Thank you John for the book and thank you again for reading my blog.
Don't forget to follow John Clarkson  on Twitter @jclarksonauthor

1 comment:

  1. Sasha, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed AMONG THIEVES. Keep reading, blogging, and reviewing. You're a treasure. All the best... Oh, before I forget, the sequel comes out November 8. Title: BRONX REQUIEM. I'm quite sure you'll like it. JC

    ReplyDelete