Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Book Review - Finding Emma - K. Ryan

Hello and welcome [back] to my blog. I'm here doing yet another book review, another kindle book review. I went on a downloading spree and got a handful of books on my kindle app. All the books I downloaded were free and to add to the books being free, I got three kindle books sent to me by the author! Now who doesn't love free books? I surely love them. I am so thankful for every author that has sent me their book(s). This makes me want to read and write more.
I've been down in the slumps lately and I want to give up on everything. Everything seems to go bad for me. But when I get new books, whether it's on Kindle or an actual book that motivates me. K. Ryan was kind of enough to sent me not one but three of her books via kindle; Finding Emma, Carry Your Heart, and Carry You Home.
It was hard to chose which book I would be reading first. I had to ask myself if I wanted to read a series or a standalone? Carry Your Heart and Carry You Home were book one and two of the Carry Your Heart series. While Finding Emma was a full length standalone. It was so hard to answer my own question. But by the title of this post, you can see I ended up picking Finding Emma.
Finding Emma is about a working girl who has her demons. She slowly became detached from her family, friends, and the world around her. She left her hometown and starred her new life… alone. But she doesn't stay alone long, she finds herself a furry, four legged feline friend and roommate. Once she finds her lifetime friend, everything will fall into & out of place.
This book was an amazing read and it was very sad at times but overall it was a joy to read. I loved how I was able to relate so easily and understand Emma. Being able to relate with the story takes me on a whole new level in understanding the character as well as the book. In an odd way I kind of saw myself in Emma. The reasoning and how she is as a person hits very close to home. I suffer from depression and coping with things makes me want to move away and start my own life. This book gives me strength to continue and find my happiness.
Now for ratings, on Goodreads and Amazon, I gave this wonderful book a solid 4 out of 5 stars. It touched my heart and I feel like this book will give many people hope in life. I highly recommend this book to everyone. No matter how old you are, this book will take you on an emotional roller coaster.  I want to thank K. Ryan for sending me your work and everyone for reading this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment