Saturday, January 30, 2016

Book Review - Stephen King - Misery

 Misery Book Review

            Let’s say the only reason I actually finished this book was because I never like to leave books I already started and I wanted to see how long she would have kept him hostage without getting caught. I had a few issues with this book. The first issue was how annoying the fan was. I literally forgot her name; she was so selfish and rude. I literally wanted to punch her in the face. She kept threatening to leave him to die and I was thinking if you kill him then that means no more books for you. Then you would lose out in the end of it all.
            I found the plot to be really interesting, interesting enough to make me pick up and book and actually read it. Who wouldn’t want to read a book about a crazy obsessed woman holding her favorite author captive? I mean c’mon. so I picked it up and I was pretty eager to read it. Sadly enough I was disappointed, actually no I was let down by King due to the fact I am kinda obsessed with his books lately.
            The beginning started off slow and honestly I did not want to finish this at all. It has nothing to do with the writing but how slow It was and I found it pretty stupid how he couldn’t have done something better or different to get out of their quicker. I mean since I have watched a lot of horror movies, I learned on what not to do when you are in a certain situation like he was.

            I don’t have much to say about this book anymore. So lets go straight to the rating and end it there. So to give this book a rating, I would have to rate it a 2.5 out of 5 star rating. Again this is not saying that the book is crap or it was written poorly, but for my preferences it wasn’t a good read for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment