Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Should I or should I not?

Lately I have been obsessed with watching YouTube videos on book hauls, book wrap-ups, and things along those lines. Now I wanted to do the same thing since I happen to buy, own, and borrow a lot of books. So with that I might as well make a YouTube dedicated to books since I already have social media sites dedicated to books and book dedicated things. So what is stopping me exactly? Oh, many, many reasons telling me not to.      
Reason #1 is my appearance. I’m very self-conscious of the way I look. I don’t think highly of myself and it makes me depressed knowing/thinking people will be talking negatively about me.
Reason #2 is popularity. I know this shouldn’t matter but it’s on my mind and I’m scared that my YouTube channel won’t go anywhere. I automatically assume it’s because I’m ugly and that’s why people don’t watch any of my videos. I feel like you have to look a certain way or you must have a skill in order for your YouTube to get any videos. I want to do a YouTube channel dedicated to books because books make me happy. Books create a safe haven for me and I want to share that with you guys all around the world.
Reason #3 is a camera/computer. I have all of those things and a phone but the problem is that I took down my computer and I honestly won’t have the time or the energy to edit videos. I know that sounds bad but having two jobs can be very tiring. Plus for my camera I don’t have the wire to upload to my computer if I had my computer up and running. But I do have my phone to at least upload videos and try to edit some of them. I don’t know how far that would get me in the booktube world.
Reason #4 is entertainment. I am very paranoid that my videos will be boring and no one will even take the time to watch them or subscribe to my channel.
Reason #5 is I’m scared. I do not know what to expect and sometimes I hate not knowing. Well I kind of have an idea where my booktube will go but it won’t be good sadly enough.
So guys I need your honest opinion about whether or not I should go and create a channel dedicated to books or just stick to my blog? So please leave me a comment or even shoot me an email giving your honest opinion about this. My contact information is SashaaMonique@gmail.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment