Friday, January 22, 2016

Book Review # 7 - Stephen King - "Doctor Sleep"


This post will probably be the shortest blog yet. When I finished The Shining, I saw that there was a sequel to it and I had to read it. When I was able to stop by the library where I live, I went straight to the fiction section under King. When I finally found King I found what I was looking for and more. Doctor Sleep, is a bigger book than I expected.

The next day I started to read while heading to work. Let's say I couldn't put it down. I carried that big book around with me all the time. It took up a lot of space in my bag but I made it work.

I forgot how long it took me to get through the entire book but it wasn't a long time. I literally fell in love with this book and I even bought the hardcover copy. I could go back and reread it and normally I don’t  like to reread books.

If you liked The Shining, then you'd like this book. Doctor Sleep, follows Danny into adult hood. He finds someone else with the same ordeal as him and it takes you on a trip into their minds and what goes on. I really enjoyed this book a lot and I wouldn't mind reading it all over again.

Now for an honest rating I'd have to give this book a 4 out of 5 stars. Kudos to you Stephen King for yet another amazing book. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves books.

No comments:

Post a Comment