Friday, December 30, 2016

Book Review - "Aftermath" - Clara Kensie

Goodreads rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


Some stories wont have a happy ending, he says. But there’s always hope that the next one will.

Some stories wont have a happy ending, he says. But there’s always hope that the next one will.
This beauty was sent to me by the author herself, Clara Kensie. I was so ecstatic to be able to get an advanced readers copy (ARC). This book was heartbreaking and very beautiful.  At first glancing at the cover, I thought it was going to be another contemporary about someone falling in love. But I was shocked to read it was about a girl who survived four years of being kidnapped. Here is the actual synopsis:
Charlotte survived four long years as a prisoner in the attic of her kidnapper, sustained only by dreams of her loving family. The chance to escape suddenly arrives, and Charlotte fights her way to freedom. But an answered prayer turns into heartbreak. Losing her has torn her family apart. Her parents have divorced: Dad's a glutton for fame, Mom drinks too much, and Charlotte's twin is a zoned-out druggie. Her father wants Charlotte write a book and go on a lecture tour, and her mom wants to keep her safe, a virtual prisoner in her own home. But Charlotte is obsessed with the other girl who was kidnapped, who never got a second chance at life--the girl who nobody but Charlotte believes really existed. Until she can get justice for that girl, even if she has to do it on her own, whatever the danger, Charlotte will never be free.
This novel was very heartbreaking, beautiful and touching. I cried three times and that’s a new record for me. Charlotte is such a strong young lady and has such a big heart even after she went through four years of hell. The way everything flowed together and created such a haunting tale of surviving and growing made this a heartfelt story. The topics discussed may be very sad and not many like to read or to write about topics along these lines, but the way Clara Kensie wrote and elaborated each character and the difficulties Charlotte faced was outstanding.
I have nothing negative to say about this book. It was such a good read and I recommend this book frequently and I’m happy to say I was given a chance to read this book. I want to thank the author for being such a kind hearted person and giving me this special opportunity. I’m sorry I am late with this review but life has been pretty hard on me lately and I really did try and get the review out as soon as I could.
I felt as if I was Charlotte and I was kidnapped for four years. The story was detailed and grabbed me from the first page. I have gone through a lot myself and I felt like I was able to get the tears out because of this book. I wish the story was extended and made everything complete.
On Goodreads I had to give this book a solid 5 out of 5 star rating. If I could, I would give it a 10 star rating. Aftermath is on my top favorites of 2016. So thank you again for this special opportunity. If you guys are interested please check out her instagram @ClaraKensie .

No comments:

Post a Comment