Monday, January 2, 2017

A Brilliant Madness - Robert M. Drake

Goodreads rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Happy new year! 2016 is now in the past and we can move on with 2017. Since this is a new year, that calls for new goals. I've made several New Year's resolutions for myself this year, some are book related resolutions and some are not. For book related resolutions, I boosted up my reading goal to 50 books this year. Last year the goal was 40 books and I finish the year off with the 46 books. So that means I have a lot more reading to do. 

The next goal is to post more reviews. Last year I was not able to review all the books I read and that made me want to make this a goal. I want to keep this blog up and running all year round.  I want to watch  my Instagram, Twitter, and Blog continue to grow. So this means I should be writing and posting 50 or more book review this year. With that said, this lead me into the first book review of the year.

 A Brilliant Madness this is a collection of beautiful poetry and art work done by the author himself, Robert M. Drake. This book is very real and laced with the sad truth about love,  pain, heart break, and the ugly truth about the world. It is written very nicely and I love the artwork that one along with each poem. I have never read anything like this book before and I am excited and happy this was the first read of the year. 

On another note, I was able to connect with some of R. M's pieces, while others I agreed with 100%.  My favorite pieces were "CONSUMES US ALL" , "BECOME SUN" , "ONE THING CANNOT GET OLD" , and many others. I think the best part about reading this book was that it gives me the push I need to start writing my poetry again. I have not been able to write the way I use to in years. I want to get back to that point again and make poetry one of my priorities. 

To conclude this book review, this book will definitely be recommended to my friends and everyone on my social medias. Thank you for taking the time to read this review. I am truly thankful for everyone that took the time to read this book review. 

Keep in touch! Feel free to follow and talk to me 

Instagram @BooksandReviewGalore 
Twitter @BooksandReview 

No comments:

Post a Comment