Thursday, December 15, 2016

Book Review - "Let Me Be the One" - Lily Foster

Let Me Be the One - Lily Foster

Goodreads rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


            I read this beauty on my road trip to Florida this year. It had been sitting on my Kindle app for awhile now and it came in very handy on the 17 plus hour drive. It was a short read for me, only 200 pages. I was determined to read about three books on this vacation. I wanted to make sure that I actually complete this year’s reading challenge.
            This book is about a beautiful, popular, and intelligent young female, Darcy, who seems to have it all together. She takes the opportunity to study abroad, which seems like a perfect escape for her. She is trying to leave behind the insecure and scared girl she has become. But someone else that is not her boyfriend is waiting for her to realize that he can be the one for her.  
            This is book one of a six part series. Each book is a standalone but the books are each inter-connected as the characters each have their turn at sharing their stories. I enjoyed reading this book until 5 am. I stayed up until I was able to add this book to my read list on Goodreads. I did not find this book boring or a drag. Each character was able to shine in their own way and if they didn’t get enough light then they’re most likely going to get their turn in the next book to the series. The story fell together very nicely and I enjoyed being able to complete it.
            Even though I enjoyed the read, it wasn’t a book that had a lasting impression on me. I’m not saying that in a negative way. I did enjoy the plot and the characters but it didn’t leave me wanting more or making me rave about it to my friends or show it off on my bookstagram. I did not give this book a bad rating because of that. On Goodreads I gave “Let Me Be the One” a three out of five star rating. That’s not a horrible rating but it isn’t the best book out there. Regardless of the rating it was a good book and I enjoyed it myself.

            

No comments:

Post a Comment