Thursday, December 15, 2016

Book Review - "Stepping Stone" - Dakota Willink

Goodreads rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dakota Willink was kind enough to send me a copy of her first novel of the Stepping stone series, Heart of Stone. I loved that book and I gave it a 5 star rating. And once I found out that book two was coming out, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it.
On her instagram she was looking for beta readers for the second installment, Stepping Stone. So anyone that was interested could sign up on her website. So I decided to sign up and I was hoping I would be lucky enough to be chosen as a beta reader. All the entries would be chosen at random. Knowing me, I didn’t expect to win anything. I never win anything when I enter for a contest, giveaway, or anything else really. So I believe weeks has passed since I signed up to win a chance and when I checked my email I was shocked to see that I was one of six or seven people chosen. I was more than excited when I opened the email.
I, of all people was actually chosen for this. I am so honored and happy to help in any way I could. Once I was able to download the file on my kindle, I was ready to dive right into this sexy read. So my job was to help find any plot holes, any grammar mistakes, anything that doesn’t fit right and point them out to Dakota. This phase is very important to authors in general. So my job was crucial to her and the whole editing process of getting Stepping Stone published. I couldn’t wait to stick my head right in.
So I found myself binge reading and falling in love all over again with Krystina and Alexander’s crazy love. They’re so cute and their love gets hot and steamy very quickly.  I enjoyed being able to grow with the characters as well as the author herself. I found myself getting lost inside their world. Dakota Willink does an amazing job creating a world filled with love, pleasure, pain, and craziness, a world you won’t be able to escape.  I felt the pain of their past of both Krystina and Alexander. Even through the hard times, they both grew into very strong and successful individuals and when they’re together, they’re stronger than they think. This made the book even more personal for me.
This happens to be my favorite sequel so far this year and no I'm not just saying this just because. I’m being 100% truthful. This series is adorable and very sexy. Their sex life has me on edge and I can’t wait for book three.
I want to thank you Dakota for giving me this opportunity to help you and giving me a chance to grow as a writer myself. You have been nothing short of amazing and I can’t appreciate your friendship enough. The best part is I am being sent the final copy of Stepping Stone in a physical copy. Now I have to go and buy Heart of Stone for my shelf.

On Goodreads this book deserved its rating. I gave it a 5 out of 5 star rating. I loved every second of reading and if you enjoy some steamy reads and romance then this series is for you. So if you’d like to know more about Dakota and the Stepping Stone series visit her on instgram @DakotaWillink and her website www.dakotawillink.com

No comments:

Post a Comment