Saturday, February 27, 2016

Book Review - Prozac Nation - Elizabeth Wurtzel

Prozac Nation

Hello once again to my blog, if you’re new hello, my name is Sasha and I blog mostly about books and book hauls that I do. But before I get into the topic/idea for this post lets go off topic for a little (not really but ok). Lately I have been buying books and I don’t have anymore space for them. But that probably wont stop me from buying more books.
Anyways back to the review, I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this book. I literally fell in love during the first couple of pages. The book that I will be discussing is “Prozac Nation” by Elizabeth Wurtzel. This book is simply amazing and this was the first memoir that I have ever read. I’m so thankful for picking up this book.
I was in Long Island and I went to a thrift store and I was picking up a bunch of books for such low prices. This literally made me the happiest girl alive. it felt like Christmas came early (Keep in mind I bought all the books in early December). Normally I don’t read books that I own first, I usually borrow most of the books that I read first from the library. But since I didn’t have any library book to read I quickly grabbed any book on my shelf and it happened to be Prozac Nation.
I literally treated this book like a baby, I wouldn’t let anything happen to it. It was in perfect condition and since it was my own copy I had to keep it that way. I literally can’t tell you how much I love this book. I connect to this book on so many levels and its pretty scary.
Elizabeth is battling depression along with multiple other diagnoses. She takes you on a journey with every low she battles. Its like you are there experiencing it all for yourself. She goes into detail with how she’s feeling and she even compares it to certain things, which is really cool and makes you understand what she’s coping with so much better.
I don’t want to spoil anything for those of you who haven’t read this book but want to. But just saying this book will take you on a journey of pain, anger, uncontrollable emotions, and the pains of growing up with mental problems.
Rating time, if you haven’t figured it out already I am going to have to rate this book a 5 out of 5 star rating, the reason why I'm rating it this is because its something I can relate to and it makes me want to read more and more.

Thank you again for taking the time and reading this post. It means a lot and I'm trying to stay on top of my reading this year. So stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I read this book earlier this year as well. I'd begun on Prozac last summer, so i just had to read the book. I then got the idea to write my own story after reading hers. For a while, I felt my own story was too similar, but people I know have convinced me otherwise. Visit my blog to see details.
    jannghi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book made me want to write my own story. I loved it.

      Delete