Monday, April 24, 2017

Barely Breathing (Shattered Soul, #1) - Katerina Bray

Taken from www.katerinabray.com 
Genre – Adult Romance, Contemporary Romance
Publishing Date – April 24, 2017
Page count – 410 pages
Source – Sent by Author
Format – Paperback
Standalone/Series – Series
Rating -⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

       Hello and welcome to my blog of wonders. Here you can find book reviews of books of all origin and genres. I will always be honest when it comes to reviewing any book. I try and keep my blog up to date and filled with truthful and fun reviews. So let's get started shall we?

     This beauty was sent to by the author herself, Katerina Bray. Her book “Barely Breathing” is yet to be released but its release date is May 2, 2017. So, I was lucky enough to get my hands on an ARC copy. Not only did I receive Barely Breathing before its release, I was able to help do some editing on the book. That is such a big deal for me because I get to help a new author edit her book! I enjoy helping authors whenever they need help. I know I’m not the best writer or editor but, it helps give me some practice. So, with this I’ve helped edit two books, by two different authors.

     Barely Breathing is book one in Shattered Souls trilogy. Barely Breathing is about a woman named Ruby Bennett who has been through a lot in her life and only wants to escape the past and build her future. So she moves from the New York City to Dallas Texas to jump start her new life but she finds herself drawn to drop dead gorgeous man and as she builds her new life, her past keeps finding its way back to the surface. Here is the Goodreads blurb. Take a deep breath
You can and will get through this. Rock Bottom. Is where I find myself, yet again. I remember all the times I’ve stood alone, begging for help, praying for an answer, no longer knowing who I’d become and barely being able to breathe.

I. Will. Not. Let. Those. Memories. Stop. Me. Knock me down, break my soul, and cause me pain, but I have always found the strength to pick myself up and stand tall again. People assume I’m too fragile and incapable of functioning. But surviving is part of my daily routine. I, Ruby Bennett will start over as many times as it takes. My past will not overpower my present.
It’s said the third time’s a charm.
 

     I am so happy that I could read and edit this book. I didn’t really know anything about this book when I initially got in contact with Katerina on Instagram but I’m glad I did. I had an open mind and as I read on I became more invested in the story and the characters’ development. The deeper I got into the book, the more attached I became to Ruby. I could connect with her more and that made the book so much easier to read and relate to. What I love the most is the strong female lead, Ruby is an independent woman and even though she has been through a lot, she doesn’t let that stop her.  

     This book is a worthwhile read and I high recommend this book to everyone. It’s release is April 24, 2017. Also please be sure to check out her website https://www.katerinabray.com and her Instagram @KaterinaBray. The links to purchase her book will be listed down below. 

Createspace print copy - http://bit.ly/2oY0ytV
Amazon ebook - http://amzn.to/2oXUrWo
Amazon print copy - http://amzn.to/2q7cZBD



Instagram - @BooksandReviewGalore
Twitter - @BooksandReview

  




2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    If any time in the future you are free, I would be honored if you reviewed "Partially Broken Never Destroyed". It's a four book suspensful series about romance, betrayal, sex, lies, and everything in between. Thank you

    www.imadethebook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to email me at Booksandreviewgalore@gmail.com

      Delete