Monday, January 9, 2017

Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell

Goodreads rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

 

"he'd stop trying to bring her back. She only came back when she felt like it anyway, and dreams and lies, and broken down déjà vu. "

Honestly I had low hopes and expectations for this book. This book has been on my shelf for over a year now and I had no urge to pick it up. The only reason I brought it was because it was all over my Instagram feed and I was kind of curious why people were going crazy over this book. I gave into the crowd and finally decided to buy the book.

So recently I started to read Eleanor and park and let's start off by saying that this was my first time ever reading anything by Rainbow Rowell and I don't regret anything. I'm so glad for picking it up and following the crowd. This book was funny in it's own way and was very relatable.

Eleanor & Park is about 
Two misfits.
One extraordinary love.

Eleanor
... Red hair, wrong clothes. Standing behind him until he turns his head. Lying beside him until he wakes up. Making everyone else seem drabber and flatter and never good enough...Eleanor.

Park... He knows she'll love a song before he plays it for her. He laughs at her jokes before she ever gets to the punch line. There's a place on his chest, just below his throat, that makes her want to keep promises...Park.

Set over the course of one school year, this is the story of two star-crossed sixteen-year-olds—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try.

I Personally was able to compare myself to Eleanor  more than anyone else in the book. All my life I've been bullied because of how I look and my weight. Yeah kids suck but anyways, this book was touching, cute, and funny. It was an easy and fun read. So if you happen to have a chance to pick it up please do. Or it's been sitting on a shelf please do me a favor and pick it up it is a highly recommended book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment