Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Book Review - "Teach Me" - Phoenix

“I will take you on a journey through the scandalous relationship of an unhappily college professor. Aminah Goodwin has fallen victim to her own lust and the charm of one of her students, Michah Ford."

                Now if that doesn’t drag you in, then you're crazy. This sounded like a drama waiting to blow up. I was very interested in unfolding the drama within the pages. To add to the delight, the author herself sent me a signed copy to read and review. I personally enjoy getting free copies of books to read and review. If it was a job then I’d be the happiest person alive right now. I know I’m very late on this review but I’ve been so busy and I have slacked off a lot in keeping my blog up to date with each book I have read this year.
                Normally I'm very picky about the books I read and I tend to stay in my comfort zone a lot when it comes to reading. Thankfully Teach Me was right up my alley. It had a bit of suspense, drama, and sex. Now any book with those three elements has my heart. I enjoyed the easy and fast read.
                What I loved about this book was that it was a quick and easy read for me. I also had a lot of sticky notes throughout the book of quotes I really liked and thought was cute. Another pro was that it was able to hold my attention from the start to the finish. And finally the drama; I love drama and it was something that could actually happen in real life. So that made it so much more interesting.
With every pro there is a con to follow it normally. Well in this case, there were a few cons sadly. The first one was it was very predictable and I like the shock element in a story. I'm not saying it made the book bad, it really was interesting. The next con was the characters. I found them to be very annoying but I understood Aminah and why she did what she did. I don’t agree to what she did and there were other ways to deal with things when you are unhappy in a relationship. I don’t support cheating but I've been in a relationship where I was very unhappy but I never cheated but I can relate to her.

So now for the rating, I actually couldn’t find this book on Goodreads so I wasn’t able to rate it properly. But I did give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars. I just want to thank Phoenix for giving me the opportunity to read her book as well as rate it and recommend it to my friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment