Friday, September 16, 2016

Book Review - Chasers of the Light - Tyler Knott Gregson

“I love you,

in ways
you've never been
loved,
for reasons you've never been
told,
for longer than you think you
deserved
and with more
than you will ever know existed
inside
me.” 
         This beautiful book was a gift from my (ex) partner and it holds a very special place in my heart. I have been wanting to read this book for over a year now and my girlfriend went online and bought me it. She also ordered “I Wrote This for You” and “I Wrote This for You and Only You” by Pleasefindthis. I was so happy and couldn’t wait to read, take pictures of them, and find a special place for them on my book shelves. Not only do I love books, I love poetry books with beautiful photography and artwork. So reading Chasers of the light was nothing short of beautiful. It was an easy read and had a very pleasurable ending that had my heart in pieces.
            Throughout the entire book, I kept thinking of my (ex) girlfriend. How could I not? It was a gift from her and she’s my girlfriend so she’s always on my mind. I guess other than it was a gift, the major reason why I love this book so much is because I am a writer myself and I used to write a lot of poetry and even stories. But now I can’t seem to get a completed poem on paper. This book made me want to go back to being that poet that was able to create a new world within minutes. Chaser of the Light gave me motivation and made me want to reignite the passion I used to hold.
            I really do not have anything negative to say about this book except that it was short. I wished it was the size of a normal book. I think that would have made my life complete. With that said now I have only positive things about this and I would love to share the reasons why it means a lot to me.
1)      Poetry. I love poetry and writing is something I am very passionate about. I have a lot of journals and loose papers with poetry written all over. One day I am hoping to have my own work published in a book.
2)      Love. It gives me hope for love. I use to give up on everything and everyone. But poetry in general gives me hope in something I can’t see just yet.
3)      It’s beautiful. Not only does the cover and the pages look beautiful but the writing style and how each poem was placed and put together made it complete.
Overall this book was written very beautifully and I couldn’t help fall in love with everything about this book. I have highly recommended this book to several people and im getting my sister to read it as well. Now for the rating, if you couldn’t have guess it already this book clearly deserves a 5 out of 5 star review. Tyler Knott Gregson is a wonder author and poet. I couldn’t be more thankful for a book at this point in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment