Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Book Review - "Zipped" - Laura McNeal

    

        Hello and welcome back to my blog! I am here with yet another book review. I know it's been a while since I posted a new blog entry, but I'm sorry about that. I'm trying to keep my blog as updated as possible. I've been in a reading slump lately and it's hard to write. Well when I'm not reading or writing I am sleeping or at work. Work has me drained and ready to pull my hair out. Anyways back to the topic shall we?

      I picked up this book because it seemed like an easy read for me, which it was. A lot of the books I own are either from Barnes & Noble, thrift stores, authors sent them, they were free, or they were given to me. This book I got at a thrift store months ago and I thought it was pretty cool and it would be a quick read for me. 

     Zipped is written by Laura McNeal and Tom McNeal, it is a juvenile fiction according to google books. It follows several teens but the main character is a fifteen year old named Mick. The story follows his life after opening the wrong email. Mick was searching for something for school and he couldn't find it in his email or his folder on the computer and he checked the trash. He happened to open an email he thought would be his assignment but wasn't. He didn't expect to open an email of his step mom cheating on his father. He is torn on what to do with the information he stumbled upon. So the story follows him and what he has to deal with growing up as well as the his troubled ordeal with his cheating step on. On a side note, as I was writing that last sentence the song Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood came on and I can't help but laugh because Mick finds his step mom cheating and the song is about cheating. Anyways back to the story shall we?

       Even tho there are few character viewpoints it mainly follows Mick. The plot and how the story was written was pretty plain, not saying it was bad but just plain. I really liked the whole idea of a kid opening the wrong email only to reveal something so much bigger than they expected. I didn't leave any notes in the book because there wasn't anything worth saving or really writing about. I feel bad about it because I don't like leaving negative remarks about any book or even  writing a plain review. 

       With that lets go onto the rating, on Goodreads this book has an average of 3.40  stars out of 5. That's not the greatest rating but I gave the book 3 stars but thinking about it I would give it a 2.5 but it was rounded up to 3. I would recommend this book to my sister or something who is younger than me. It just wasn't for me sadly enough but not badly written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment