Monday, April 4, 2016

Book Review - Confess- Colleen Hoover

“No one deserves you like I do.” …“No one sees you like I do.” …“No one understand you the way I do.” …“No one makes your heart beat like I do.” …He presses his palm against my heart. “And no one else deserves to be inside you if they can’t get there here first.” 
      Hello there! I have to confess something, yell at me for this but this was the first Colleen Hoover book I read or even held. I know, I know I should be ashamed of this. I don't know why it took me this long to get my hands on one of her book, or all in this case. After reading this I went to Barnes and Noble and bought myself all of her books they had in stock. I died, literally I died from happiness that day I am not ashamed of this, after reading this and understanding why a lot of people on booktube as well as bookstgram are raving Colleen Hoover's work. At first I was kind of iffy about her books. When I received the book at the library I didn't know what to expect, I had to keep an open mind and I did.
      I have to say that I regret not reading her books earlier. I simply could not put down this book. I read it everywhere I could from the train to the bus. I love the connection between Auburn and Owen. It was love and the fire and wouldn't die. Another thing I like was the way the story was told it was told from both Auburn and Owens view. I thought that made me fall in love even more. Another thing I liked was the artwork included was a nice touch. It painted a better picture for the reader. Since I now own the book I am planning to actually write poems simply based off the pictures included in the book itself. So whatever comes to mind I will write and just lost myself while I unwind and write. So when I do get around to it I will include the artwork and the poem I wrote.
      I believed that the writing was simple but yet so different and personally I think she did a wonderful job with connecting with the readers; young adults. This book didn't paint a perfect relationship, but a relationship that was real and readers are able to connect more to realistic relationships rather than fairy tale relationships.  
      On Goodreads I rated this book a 5 out of 5 stars. It was that good and Colleen Hoover made me a huge fan from that one book. I cannot wait to start reading her other books. Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read my blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment